Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #2

The Broke and the Bookish

Book I'm not sure I want to read

1.  Allegiant by Veronica Roth: This book was ruined for me soon after reading Divergent. I took the time to read Insurgent (I wasn't crazy about it). Now knowing what I know I'm not sure if it's worth taking the time to read it when I could be reading a book I really want to read. 

2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: I bought the first book earlier this year and I have yet to read it. I've read good things about it. I love vampires but I haven't picked up the book. I'm not sure why though. 

3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: Thankfully I'm not in this alone. I have seen plenty of people say they are never going to read this book. I hate anything having to do with cancer. My Mother had lung cancer TWICE and lived to tell about it. I'm fortunate I know that. She has since passed away. It is just one of those subjects that is close to my heart and I don't do well with it. 

4. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak: I have seen this book everywhere. People are talking about how awesome it is. 

5. Anything by Dan Brown: I saw the movies but I'm just not sure about the books. They are about two of my favorite subjects history and religion. You would think I would be all over these books but no. I have these reservations and don't know why. 

6. Anything by Stephen King: Another hugely popular author. I think the reason I get a little taken back by him is the length of  the book I want to read (IT, it's over a 1000 pages). I think that's pretty scary. 

7. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey- I have it on my TBR shelf yet I'm feeling iffy about it. Once again it's a book with a lot of hype and that scares me. I don't like going with the crowd. Though I have to admit that I was wrong about my fear of Anna and the French Kiss. This could end up being the same. 

8. Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi- I have nearly picked up this book so many times. I think it's because I have heard mixed reviews about it. 

9. Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins- HYPE! Enough said.

10. The Maze Runner by James Dashner- YA books being turned into movies is the in thing right now. I'm kinda over it to be honest. How many of these books I have mentioned are already movies or are about to be one??? All but ONE! 

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved The Book Thief, but the ending is really rough. I didn't much like Vampire Academy - it was kinda boring, but I've heard it gets a lot better as the series goes on. The Shatter Me series was okay. Not fantastic, but definitely worth at least a cursory glance. Good list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the same thing about Vampire Academy. The idea behind Shatter Me intrigues me which is why I may give it a try.

      Delete
  2. Heeyyy Ang interesting list! :D Originally I liked Allegiant....buutt idk anymore.....now that I think of it....XD
    VA is pretty raw and rugged, so some of the books in the series I loved, some I didn't, but overall it's a great series.....and Bloodlines (the spinoff), is even better!
    TFiOS.......meeeh. Lots of peeps love it, but personally I thought it was pretty mediocre.
    I'd say def read The Book Thief! Even tho it's saaaaaad, it's brilliant!
    I've heard so many mixed reviews for The 5th Wave and Shatter Me as well.....I still haven't read them myself XD
    THG was......alright.....but I felt that it became weaker with each book.....which is actually the same with Divergent too ^^ popular dystopian series huhh? ;)
    A lot of my friends were like mehh with this, but I liked The Maze Runner :D There isn't any romance (in the first book at least), which is a welcome change.....it mostly just focused on the mystery and the characters staying alive!
    Hope that helps haha.
    –B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I appreciate it. I'm sure some of them I will read

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try out Vampire Academy :) It's my all time fav series and it does get better throughout the series, especially the spin-off series Bloodlines. Maze Runner was okay but boring in the first half and I didn't really like Shatter Me, the main character Juliette was so annoying tbh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people are telling me to give VA a go and I shall in October. I can't stand an annoying main character. I keep going back and forth whether to read the Shatter Me series.

      Delete
  5. Vampire Academy is wonderful!! I think you'd like it if you tried it!! Don't judge it by the silly title and cover :P The Fault in Our Stars is SO overrated. I recommend skimming it as I did ;) I hear Stephen King rocks. The Book Thief is phenomenal ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright it's official I will read VA in October. I've pretty much had everyone tell me to read it. LOL That' many people can't be wrong.

      Delete
  6. The Book Thief is worth a read. As is Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and The Da Vinci Code BUT the others aren't so great. I like him but he's not the worlds best writer! Some Stephen King is good, I loved 11/22/63 and Under the Dome but I'm not a big fan of his horror so couldn't say if IT is worth it or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! I appreciate you commenting. I really want to give the Dan Brown books a chance. I'm not real sure I will ever read Stephen King though.

      Delete