Sunday, August 3, 2014

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

 Where to start with this review?  I am just going to start typing and see what happens. First off I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was exactly what I needed right now. Who doesn’t love a cute and cheesy love story???  I had such a difficult time putting this book down. I hated that I had to go to sleep and that I had to go to work. I don’t come across many books that do that to me. I can count on one hand the books that I sat and read in (total time reading) pretty much 24 hours’ time.

The Review:
Anna Anna Anna!!!  From the very first page, I knew I'd love her. She's quirky and eccentric, but still has plenty of those girly emotions.  And I also loved that her and Étienne St. Clair, a gorgeous student at her new boarding school, are just best friends for a good chunk of the novel. Another thing I admired was that Anna is not a damsel in distress. St. Clair helps her out a lot, but if anything, I think that she saves him a lot more.

This is not a perfect, fairy-tale romance either. Anna and St. Clair's relationship has a lot of ups and downs. He has a serious girlfriend (Ellie) and Anna is still harboring feelings for an old co-worker back in America. But even with those obstacles in the way, the story still progresses, as do their feelings. And it literally leaps off the pages.

Overall, I have no appropriate words to do justice to how much I loved Anna and the French Kiss. This book is cute, intense, romantic, funny, dramatic and so much more. Even if you're not into contemporary novels, I definitely recommend you check this one out. I think it might just change your mind!

This was my first book by Stephanie Perkins but I do plan on reading her others. Lola and the Boy Next Door is out now and Isla and the Happily Ever After is due out in this month. Isla is actually in Anna and the French Kiss so it will be nice to visit that character again. From what I can tell from the synopsis it appears all of the characters from these three books are somehow connected yet it doesn't appear to be a true trilogy. So it may be okay to read them as a standalone or as a series.

Rating:



(I own this book)

1 comment:

  1. I also loved Anna and the French Kiss, even though I don’t read much YA contemporary novels. I liked the cuteness-factor of Lola & Cricket even more, so you should really get around to reading it! And Lola has two dads, how interesting is that? :P

    ReplyDelete